Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Paris!!! (well technically Antony but thats just as exciting right now!)

Paris Tuesday 1:30

I dont have any wireless here so I will type this up and post it later. Safe in France! Flights all went well-descending into Paris was amazing- it was super cloudy so the plane would fly thru a giant cloud and then burst out into the sunrise. there were literally canyons made out of clouds. It felt like being deep under water and out in space among the nebulas. It was totally like in fantasia 2000 with the whales... yea.

I had a hard time figuring out how to take the RER tho - they have these little machines that you have to buy the tickets at but I didn't have any euro change just bills and they dont take bills. But eventually I got on and got to see all the happy little stops- it seems like most of the buildings have one wall totally graffitied but they still look like they came strait out of a story book. Kathleen was waiting for me when I arrived and we went to the teaching on evangelism. But you know whats really cool is EVERYONE HERE SPEAKS FRENCH!!!! crazy right? It is actually really exciting to hear it all the time. Sadly I can only make out a couple words when they talk so fast so I still have to rely completely on the translator during the teaching. After the teaching we went to eat lunch. YWAM isn't the only group here so there were a ton of people. They gave us alot of food-some was a little interesting but the desert was amazing. Then I went and got checked in and now we have some time to chill before the teaching this afternoon. It definately feels later than 1:30. Im going to try to not take a nap and just go to sleep early and get on track with paris time.


Wednesday afternoon

Found out last night that I am on the evangelism team with Kathleen. We will be at the Eiffel Tower starting tomorrow. All the teams meet there for the Open Airs in the evening but we go early to set up and we perform dances and mimes and such and then talk to all the people there. Im excited to go into the city. Kathleen and I will be doing a duet for sure, I might do a solo and Kathleen might choreograph a group dance for next week. We are talking about going to Versailles on Monday :D

Today I am quite homesick for my family and friends and I'm missing Children of Eden too :( But it is amazing here

Theres people from all over France, the States, Europe- its very cool.

Now Im sitting in Antony at the Macdonalds with Kathleen. It looks more like a super trendy Starbucks than a fast food joint. I wish I could email every day but thats definitely not going to happen since we have to walk into town.

I realize that this is completely unorganized and probably hard to follow but hopefully that gives you an idea of whats going on. hopefully I can get some pictures up soon! Thank you for your support and prayers!!!!!

Love Love Love Hannah



4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I love you...and don't forget to shave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.. Lana is funny! Okay! I miss you...
    This is amazing my Franken! Please don't abandon me for france... I diff. won't be able to survive it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shaving thing is interesting?? I don't think that is allowed in France. Glad to hear you are safe and things going well. Kansas may never look the same again...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, Love the whole rainbow thing and that you danced in the rain (Very Gene Kelly). We hope you get the chance to see how pretty the rest is. Can't wait to see you when you get back. Love Ya Lots, Grandma

    ReplyDelete